Thursday, February 09, 2006

Cuckoo

Lisa started the "cuckoo game" with her Dada, probably at the age of one and it's still her favorite. It amazes me how kids can do the same thing OVER and OVER again and not get bored. It defies logic but then again, thats what makes them so adorable. Look at her! Aint she cute!

I've been wanting to watch Rang De Basanti ever since it was released and especially after all the rave reviews I've been hearing on Radio City. Hope it's not one of those overly hyped Hindi movies. I sure was disappointed with Black. What was with that Rani Mukherji's duck walking?? Not to mention the rather long, dramatic and filmy speech at the end of the movie, that was almost like an ugly icing on a fairly well made cake!! "If you quack like a duck and walk like a duck, you ARE probably a duck". Ahh, well, that's not fair is it, considering she's done a better job than the rest of the riff-raff. Kareena did you say!

The one thing that's happening with zeal out here is recruitment. It's the buzz word. Get people, anybody you know. BUT (a big one), where are they going to seat all these people. We already have 2 new colleagues who have no place to sit, except perhaps in the cafetaria. Or maybe the innovative double parking will do the trick! Talking of parking- I had to park on Brunton Road (I promise, I'm never going to utter this word again) and thought I did a fairly good job of neatly tucking my car in a safe corner. Happy indeed, until I opened the car door and realised that this was an erstwhile dumpyard, well atleast it smelt like one. Bleh! Lets not get into the details of what followed.