Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Lost Girl

I found this article in my inbox this morning: "Help Pooja Find Her Parents!". I'm not sure about the authenticity of the whole thing and hate spreading scams but I don't see anything about it being a hoax anywhere on the web, so I guess this is the least I can do. It's really sad isn't it, how children just get dragged into the quagmire of the beggar community? I see it every single day on M.G.Road, women dressed very shabbily (for obvious reasons), dirty, with truck loads of tears streaming down their faces, carrying children (sometimes babies),begging in the hot sun.
These are the heartless women of Bangalore city. I know for a fact that the children are not theirs, apparently, they "hire" the children for a day or couple of days and use them as their excuse to beg! Most of these children are drugged to sleep.
When these women approach my car, asking for money, the only thing I want to do is report them to the police but you know I don't do it because the police don't do ANYTHING about it. The government seems to be least bothered, I won't be surprised if they are bribed too.
Innocent, babies who know nothing about the world they live in, treated like rag dolls....