Thursday, November 09, 2006

All about Lisa

Lisa is slowly but surely getting into the playschool groove and I'm just simply thrilled. When I accompanied her to school, the first week, she was excited and all enthusiastic. I guess it was a change from her routine, lots of kids, lots to do, different food, different furniture, toys, and plenty of unrestricted activities.
It was then time to handle it all herself and that's when it broke my heart to see her screaming when I drop her off at school. The lovely teachers ensured me that it lasts only for a couple of minutes. Yesterday, she agreed to wear her little yellow bag on her shoulders and walk into school without crying, today, she had a smile on her face. I am a proud mom.
As parents, we have been told about the various activities the school has been planning. We already had a talk on "How to prepare your child for big school" a couple of weeks ago. Mrs. Angela Roye, has had over a decade of experience and it really shows. In a few weeks, we'll have a fancy dress event, not a competition, just an event. I already have her costume ready- she's going to be a butterfly :). So yes, raising a child is a lot of work and patience but I'm enjoying every bit of it.
It also turns out that Mrs. Roye is the mother of Suhneel Roye, who was my classmate in FAPS. It sure is a small world.