Thursday, February 15, 2007

South Africa!

It's pretty obvious isn't it that I have been upto a lot lately. Well, the year started out great. The big news, I got promoted to a Technical Leader, something that came to me quite unexpectedly. I'm not complaining.
Then on the 3rd of February, 2007 was my little sisters wedding. Well I guess she isnt little anymore. The wedding was in Hyderabad, a fairly small one in comparison to the typical Indian ones. So there I was taking the extra responsibility of a new role and trying to help out with the wedding (mainly the incessant shopping that I'm not too fond of). Just when I thought everything was under control, I was requested to visit South Africa to train a few engineers. Gosh, that was the most exciting day for me! Just a few months ago, I wrote down a list of places I wanted to visit and Africa was the last one. Not because that was my last choice, but because I never really thought that an opportunity would come my way. So it did!
SA is a beautiful country except for the high crime rate but thanks to my colleagues from work, I felt absolutely safe. Now, I have tons to write about this heaven on Earth and it will probably take me several long posts and I will take the time to do that. But for now, I will try and keep it short. I'll post some pictures soon.
I am back!