Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Giant Step

Again, it has been several months since I blogged and I think I've realised that I remember my blog when I really need to let out all those bottled up emotions, good and bad.
We've had bad news in the last couple of weeks- Vinod's cousin sisters husband went missing when his ship, the Giant Step ran aground off the coast of Japan. This article was printed in the local newspapers a week later:

"Missing Sailor's body found"
However, the investigation is ongoing and they are yet to confirm his identity. Another blogger, who stays in Japan, wrote: "Pacific Islander says" (scroll down to the post on 8th Oct, 2006).
We are all deeply saddened by the news and I guess everyone is going to question these inexplicable and unpredictable events that take place in our lives for a very long time to come.